Tuesday, June 2, 2015

REI

*I'm always interested in reading about people's lives. Usually I'll check out their biography and just read a few chapters to get a feel for what they were/are really like. I recently got a book about Dean Martin (written by his daughter). I love, love his voice and wanted to know what he was like. Ummm...I'm not too impressed with some of his life choices. Bummer :(

*I went with Cameron on his field trip to Legoland last Friday. It was such a neat time for us to spend together and he had a blast. I just love seeing him with friends. LOVE it.


*I FINALLY started working out after a one month turned six month break. :) I will say that I was much more sore than I had anticipated! Part of my motivation was getting a new DVD, Yoga Meltdown, from my friend, Jana. I'm hopefully going to buy a yoga mat this week so I can give it a try. :)

*On Saturday we went to my niece's birthday party at Cal Skate. Kendall started zipping around from the start, however my sweet Cam had a hard, hard time at first. Poor thing could not even stand for five seconds without falling down. He was soooo discouraged and my heart was breaking seeing him so defeated. However after getting him a little "walker" type thing to lean on, he persisted and ended up doing really well. It was awesome to see his confidence soar once he got the hang of it. :)


*On Sunday I stayed back while Chris took the kids to lunch.


Afterward they went to REI so Cam could look at all the hiking equipment. Here he is looking at the maps (of course!).


*Cameron probably eats about 1/3 cup of peanut butter a day. He's always hungry and, since he doesn't like cheese (unless it's melted on something) or nuts, I need more protein options. I've started getting Almond Butter and most recently, Sunflower Seed Butter. If he isn't a big fan, I can put a little jelly on top to sweeten the deal. :) A favorite snack I like is Sunflower butter + apple cinnamon rice cake.




1 comment:

Jessica said...

Both of my kids had a really hard time on skates! Even with the walkers they kept falling! It can be challenging! I'm amazed Kendall can do it so well.

That's a lot of peanut butter! lol. Funny he'll eat ground up nuts but not whole ones, huh? :)