Sunday, August 26, 2007

UFC

On Saturday, Chris headed back out to Peyt and Liesl's house (in OC) for a UFC fight. This has come to be a monthly, or every other month event. Several of his friends come over, order the fight, and play SCRAPS (a game played on the pool table with rules similar to that of HORSE in basketball). Personally, I think UFC is gross. Why on earth would someone want to fight someone else for fun? Is getting your nose broken (with blood gushing out) enjoyable? I think not! Anyway, my feelings aside, I'm glad Chris got to hang out with his friends. I stayed home, read some Harry Potter, and turned in early for the evening.

This morning, Cam and I attempted to go to church (Chris had spent the night out there). Notice I said, "attempted". We probably would have been better off staying home. The sermon barely started when I got buzzed to go and get Cameron. He had literally been crying, non-stop, for 45 minutes. It is horrible to walk back and see his red little face through the window. I'm still deciding what to do about this. He hasn't done well in the nursery for 4 months now.

Once Chris got home, we went to a park nearby. Cam really enjoyed watching the waterfalls. We then came home and had take out Claim Jumpers for dinner. We split a chicken salad sandwich, which Chris announced was an "11" and proceeded to say was better than our favorite one at The Cheesecake Factory. I told him it was blasphemous to say that.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My first thought was to defend myself for watching UFC which is "gross" according to my wife. I will partially, but I'll mainly call it a reward for enduring hours of "Bible Action Songs," every-time we're in the car. Furthermore, the word "gross" would be about 30th on the list of adjectives I'd use to describe UFC. I think "amazing" would be toward the top. No, they don't do it for fun, they get paid . . . some of them very well, for fighting.
Granted, sometimes I have to look away because it can be a bit unpleasant, but I would liken that to having to watch The View or Oprah. Sometimes you have to take a second and regroup before you continue watching. I apologize to all those Oprah and View fans . . . actually, no, I don't.
Most important, as I stated to Kelly; it wouldn't really matter what they were showing on TV (spelling bee, darts, hot dog eating). If there was a night when all my friends could get together, play pool, and eat for an extended period of time, I'd be there.
Granted, I am a UFC fan regardless of what the critics say. Anybody who watches it can see in about five seconds without a punch being thrown that I (18-35 yr. old male) am who they’re catering too. Just look at the blood-covered sponsor names on the mat in the ring.
Now, I do have a son and he has no idea what UFC is and for now, that’s good. I don’t know how this will play out in the future, but for now, the more fights the better (pretty sure that’s biblical).
cp

Anonymous said...

Well, we all have our preferences. I guess some people could say to me, "Why do you love Funniest Home Videos so much? I mean, what kind of person laughs out loud at a bride falling in a swimming pool?" Plus you never know when those UFC moves might come in handy--like maybe at Home Depot! :o)

Anonymous said...

Kelly, you probably don't feel like taking a picture of Cam crying in the nursery, but it would be a funny picture for later in life. Poor little guy! No, poor little MOM! :o)

Grandma said...

I'm so sorry you are still having a rough time leaving Cam in the nursery. How on earth can that kid cry for 45 minutes and not fall asleep? I feel more sorry for you than I do for Cam but I still feel sorry for him too. I'm fresh out of suggestions.

Team Harry said...

I forgot about the comment I was going to leave because I started reading Chris' comment. I think Chris needs to start his own blog if he's gonna leave such lengthy comments.

I'd read it