Thursday, July 10, 2008

baka, baka, baka

Cameron LOVES, LOVES, LOVES bike rides. A few times a day he'll go to the back door and say "baka, baka, baka" (his version of bike ride). Typically I'll take him twice a day. The morning ride is so nice and refreshing. It helps wake me up since my little stinker wakes up so early (5:20 yesterday morning...lovely).

The afternoon rides are...ummm...not quite like the morning ones. I guess there is something about 100 degree, humid heat that makes riding a bike not the most refreshing. But he still loves it just the same!



Due to the heat, I've been trying to think of dinners that don't require the oven. I realized that many casseroles don't have to be baked. If all the ingredients are already cooked, why not just cook it in the skillet? So tonight we are having Taco Bake on the stove, rather than 45 minutes at 350. Hopefully it will help as I don't even want to know what our air conditioning bill is this month!

p.s. Chris and I just rented "Flawless". It is a very good movie and I would recommend it. It isn't amazing, but still worth the $5 Blockbuster fee.

4 comments:

Team Harry said...

Glen just told me that he thinks our air conditioning bill is going to be like $600.00 this month!! Ugh!! You should buy one of those fan sprayers from Wal mart. They are a great way to spritz yourself in the heat!! We loved ours in Florida!! Cam might like it!!

Anonymous said...

just curious about your bike carrier . . . do you feel nervous making turns with it and stuff? does it seat two kids, or just one?

The heat is gross!! I know!! We are so fortunate to be able to use our neighbors pool whenever we're hot (which is a LOT these days)!!

Bonnie said...

Hi Kelly!

I hope that you guys are doing well. We're back and mostly recovered from our trip.

I agree with you about the heat. I just got out my crockpot recipe book and tried one this week. Hopefully I can make more use of it so that I don't have to turn the oven on this summer.

Take care!
Bonnie K.

Donna Stark said...

A fan sprayer? What's that? Sounds interesting.

So were you and Chris able to figure out the ending to "Flawless" before you saw it?