Saturday, July 26, 2008

morro bay

I can't believe we have been gone an entire week! Last Saturday we drove up to Morro Bay to spend time with Chris's family. We had a wonderful time! Chris and I have always been short vacationers. After 2-3 days, we are ready to come home. However we didn't get that way this time and loved each day we got to spend with the family. The weather was about 20 degrees cooler than it has been here which was a great change! While it is nice to get home, unpacked, and back to our routine (especially the sleep routine since that was somewhat of a struggle area for Cam), we sure will miss everyone. Here are some highlights...

Both on the trip there and back we stopped in Santa Barbara to give Cam some play time. I LOVE Santa Barbara. Here is Cam on the Carousel, which he adored. As we walked away he kept saying, "bye, bye horsie!".



Cam loved, loved the beach. He would have stood here for hours if we would have let him, just enjoying the waves go in and out over his feet. Poor thing was shivering it was so cold, but he did not want to be taken away from the "awa" (water). FYI, he has socks in because there were lot of tiny sand crabs that would bite his feet.





One of the nice parts in renting a house is that the adults can hang out once the kids go down for bed. Here my brother in law was teaching a few of us Settlers of Catan. Here are my thoughts: It is an interesting game, however it does require a lot of strategy/thinking. Since Cam was born, my "me" time has become a lot less frequent and all the more precious. I'm not sure I'm too motivated to devote it to something like this. I definitely couldn't play it for hours on end as I know many people do.



It was great for Cam to be around his two nieces for the week. In fact, it was great for him to be around everyone for so long. We were hesitant about how he would do since he tends to get overwhelmed pretty easily. Thankfully he did great and seemed to not mind at all living in a house full of people for a week.





Our friends Matt and Jana (and their two kids) came to stay the last part of the week. On Friday night, we left for a dinner out once the kids were down.

4 comments:

Donna Stark said...

Oh, wow--that's just about my favorite kind of vacation--everybody living together in a big house by the ocean! Doesn't get much better than that! I'm SOOO thankful that Cameron had such a great time...and therefore that you did too. Chris has a fun family for vacationing together.

Great pics! Man, in that one of you swinging Cameron into the water, he looks like he's old enough to start school! :o)

Anonymous said...

What a fun time! I'm THRILLED that Cam did so great! I think his "great" is slowly becoming more and more the norm for him, don't you think?

He looks so OLD!!!!

Jen Epperson said...

Jon's family totally plays Settlers of Catan, and I agree--its kind of an intense game! We used to play it with them a lot before Caden came, but nowadays, I'm with you--Id much rather spend my free time doing something less stressful! :) Glad you had a fun trip!

Team Harry said...

I get sad sometimes that I spent my whole life in California & only went to Morro Bay once for a Youth camp!! I don't think I've ever been to Santa Barbara!!!
Glad you had such a great family trip!! I think the best memories are made on vacations!! Love you!!