Thursday, July 3, 2008

too good

I know this is my second post of the day, but I couldn't pass up sharing another great thing from Dr. Laura. And for those of you who say, "She's too harsh", or "She's too opinionated", I would challenge you to just give her a try. If you can get past that, she has such great wisdom and like I have said before, she has made such a huge impact on the type of wife and mother I am. Not that I'm perfect, but she sure has helped me to never stop trying to improve.

Anyway, here is the call (not word for word...this is from memory):

Caller: I'm having trouble because my husband just doesn't do things for me very much and I feel like I give more than he does. For instance, we just had our 10th anniversary and he didn't even give me a card.
Dr. Laura: Hmmm, did he do anything for the anniversary?
Caller: Well, a friend from work was able to get us a discount on a hotel room so we did go away for the night.
Dr. Laura: So your husband coordinated a night away, took care of childcare, took you to a nice dinner, and you are complaining about a card??? Wow. It is women like you that make me think if I were a guy, I'd rather be gay.

Pretty good reminder to not major on the minors...huh?? :)

2 comments:

Donna Stark said...

Probably made thousands of other women think, "Hmmm, maybe I should look at what good things my husband DOES do instead of just what he doesn't do."

Team Harry said...

I totally agree with her!!! Come on!! She is complaining about a card?????

I've told u b4 y I don't listen to her... She does have a lot of great wisdom, U just have to remember that she's not a Christian!!