Monday, July 14, 2008

chocolate whipped cream please

I've been doing pretty well with my Starbucks "allotment" I mentioned a couple months back. I've stayed at or under my 6 drinks per month. Did I want more? Umm...of course!! But it hasn't been that hard. Here are a few random thoughts on Starbucks:

*In no particular order, here are my favorite cold drinks: Caramel Frapp, Coffee Frapp with chocolate whipped cream, Java Chip Frapp

*The only hot drink I really like is the White Chocolate Mocha, which I rarely get. The reason? I HAVE to have my drinks scalding hot in order to enjoy them. Because of this, I down my hot drinks in about 10 minutes. To spend $4 on a ten minute pleasure seems really dumb. But oh they sure are good.

*Favorite baked goods (which I haven't gotten in years because most are pretty much heart attacks with icing): Maple Oat Scone, Vanilla Almond Biscotti, Crumb coffee cake

*Favorite drink of all time: For a while during college, my friend Cheryl and I would typically get a frapp every Tuesday night along with renting a movie. All our other friends had class that night. Since we got to know our Starbucks guy, he would make us a special treat. A venti caramel frapp with whipped cream on the bottom of the cup as well as on top. Mmmm...

*For the past several years, every single road trip Chris and I have gone on has always started with a frapp. They typically take me 2-3 hours to finish, so they are prefect for the long road ahead.

Ok that's all. Probably a little pathetic that I dedicated a whole post to my favorite drinks, but maybe one person might at least be interested. :)

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Your post made me chuckle because I have many starbucks favorites as well. I am totally with you on the hot drink...it has to be scalding for me too. I always order mine extra hot and if I'm home I end up sticking it in the microwave so that I can enjoy it longer.

Anonymous said...

carmel frapp....YES count noonie in!

Not much for the hot drinks but I like to end my day with a carmel frapp at least once a week.

Six drinks per month....Umm 2 the first week, one the second and third weeks of the month and 2 the last week of the month? GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.....less that six months left this year:)

Donna Stark said...

Yes, you really CAN make a drink last longer than anyone I know. :o)

Robert and Liz Crews said...

OK, the crumble cake is the best!! I can just eat the top and be quite happy! Liz