Friday, July 10, 2009

bean pancakes??

Cameron loves pancakes. I make them myself because A) It saves money and B) I can make them as healthy as I want. Seems like I have been getting more and more daring with the things I've added and so far, he is none the wiser. This latest batch takes the cake. In addition to making them with whole wheat flour, I added:

*Pureed peas
*Pureed white beans (Northern beans)
*Oats
*Wheat germ

In my defense, I do add a little more sugar so they don't taste bad. Actually, I think they are quite tasty. :) Not sure how long I can ride this train with Cam, but as long as he'll eat them, I'll make them!!!

5 comments:

susan said...

What do you mean you make your own pancakes? What other option is there? Do they sell ready-made pancakes at the store?

You ARE daring!!! Yeah for you!! So do you sit and eat a plateful yourself too or are they not quite that good?

I tried oat bran in some and they never baked through - very odd.

Kelly said...

I just meant I don't use a mix, but you can buy frozen pancakes, like Eggo waffles.

Jessica said...

Wow, you were daring! I don't think I would be brave enough to add all that :) I'm sure all those things made them much healthier. I'm all about sneaking in extra nutrients when possible :)

Donna Stark said...

Sneaky!!!! Congratulations on staying below the radar.

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of healthier pancakes!!