Thursday, July 16, 2009

rambleings

Yesterday I had a little time and was looking through all of our pictures. Sometimes it will just hit me that I'm a mom of two kids. That seems so strange as many times I still view myself as a 22 year old. I was looking back at some pictures before Cam came along and it's hard to even envision what life was like before kids. Everyone says kids change your life like nothing else. So true. I couldn't and wouldn't want my life without them!

I was telling my mom the other day how I laugh at a memory I have back when I was a school counselor. I remember calling her on the phone on my way home from a late night sports supervision. I had to be back the following Saturday morning for another event and I was crying because I felt sooo overwhelmed with all I had to do. I honestly laugh now at that thought. Overwhelmed by too many school supervisions? Nothing is as overwhelming as being responsible for two little lives and all the worries and anxiety that come with that! However even as I write this, I know that 5 years from now I'll laugh and think, "I can't believe I was overwhelmed by naps, crying, and handling two babies. That's nothing compared to ________". I guess every stage of our lives will cause us to look back and laugh at things we thought were overwhelming then. :)

This whole train of thought was brought on by looking at this pic of Jen and I before kids. Oh the life! Jaunting off to Palm Springs for the weekend. Trips like that happened more often than I could ever dream of at this stage of my life.



And while we would both agree that life was a lot more free back then, I don't think either of us would change ANYTHING about having our precious little kids...anything!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Life has many different stages, I think it's great when we can enjoy each one :) There are definitely harder things about each stage, and easier things as well.

Jen said...

Those are fun pictures, Kelly! Oh the days of laying out at Palm Springs! Eric & I booked a night away there in August...I cannot wait! My parents are watching Ella and I'm DREAMING of laying in the pool in the hot sun getting some color! We must talk soon...it's been forever!

Jana said...

Kelly, are you wearing overalls in that picture? =)

Team Harry said...

I can be so hard on myself when I look back and realize what a big deal I made about life's issues. I'm glad that as we mature and go through things we learn to deal with things better!

What selfish lives we would have if we didn't have kids huh??

Miss you guys!