Monday, July 27, 2009

we are off

Tomorrow the four of us are off on our first family "vacation". I put that in quotes because in reality, this is more of a family trip. Vacations have taken on a new definition for me. They involve relaxing, doing nothing, eating out, etc. Those things don't really go hand in hand with two little ones. So instead, we are headed on our family trip, which I'm very excited about. We are meeting two other families up at Hume Lake to stay in a cabin for a few days. I'm excited for Cam to experience the mountains, boats, lake, etc. I'm also excited to spend some time with friends and hopefully get some good adult time once the kids go down each night. I've gotten Kendall to a 7:30 bedtime, so hopefully that will give us a nice evening. So here is to hoping for a smooth trip up! We've got the car rides down pretty good in that I sit in the back so I can keep Kendall content, which in turn keeps Cam content (because he still has not gotten used to the crying). Ta-ta for now!!

Cam's smile cracks me up. This is his "smile on command". A little goofy, but still cute. :)
<

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Hope you have a wonderful time! You are right to view it as a trip and not a vacation :) Sounds like it will be a great trip :)

the BLAH BLAH BLAHger said...

Have a great time at Hume!!! I haven't been there since HS, but it always gives me fond memories!

Jannae said...

Such a sweet smile! Have fun at Hume! What a blast!

Donna Stark said...

I'm praying for a great week for everybody! Yes, that's quite a let's-see-how-much-gum-I-can-show smile. :o)

Jodie said...

I found your blog! :) I hope you guys have a great time up at Hume!! Enjoy the fresh air and the beautiful mountains. I still think it's funny that we did this same trip last week! Enjoy!