Sunday, July 5, 2009

just the girls

This past weekend, Chris, Cam, and Craig (Chris's brother) went up to his parent's house for the weekend. Kendall and I stayed back so we could have some girl bonding. I had a nice time just the two of us and enjoyed being able to devote so much time and attention to just her.

Saturday we went to the park with my mom. Every year they set up booths and have a patriotic band play. We also met Jen and her family and hung out for while. It wasn't too hot and was very relaxing to just sit on the picnic blanket and listen to the music and talk.



I feel like I look like an amazon woman here. Jen and I are actually the same height, but must have been standing on uneven ground. :)



That night Kendall and I spent a couple hours outside with our neighbors at a bbq. Kendall was GREAT, considering it was typically her fussiest time of day. She allowed me to sit and visit and I had such a great time.

This morning hasn't turned out to be quite as fun as the previous couple of days...

9:00 Woke Kendall up from nap and headed to church. She cried most of the way.
9:30 First we hit the mother's room so I could nurse. After feeding, her pants literally exploded and completely covered her clothes as well as my dress.
9:50 Headed back home due to the fact that while I had brought an extra outfit for her, I had not brought an extra dress for me. The stain was so big and gross looking, I would have felt funny walking around with it.

Nothing like driving 20 minutes just to feed and turn right back around! :) Overall, though, we have had a fun weekend together and I'm anxious to hear all about the boys and their time when they return.

4 comments:

susan said...

Very fun weekend! I'm sorry about church - blech!

Can Kendall donate some of her hair to Sierra? She's got plenty.

Jessica said...

How nice that you could have a weekend with the girls, and that you could visit at the BBQ :)

Bummer about church! I guess you don't really think to pack yourself an outfit in the diaper bag on a normal basis. Food stains and spit up are common... but I guess there are some messes you just can't ignore :)

I'm looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!

the BLAH BLAH BLAHger said...

Oh no, that's too bad about the diaper experience at church!!! But glad you had a nice weekend nonetheless!

Team Harry said...

Awe!! Poor thing!! It's always an adventure huh??

Glad you had a good weekend!!