Tuesday, July 21, 2009

grateful

This morning I arrived on time to Kendall's 2 month appointment, only to find they had me at an earlier (and wrong I might add) time. As I sat there slightly irritated, I realized a few things. A) We have health insurance B) I was sitting in a nice, clean office waiting to see a pediatrician we adore C) I was sitting with an amazingly cute, sweet little girl. Considering there are people in the world who will die because of curable conditions simply because they have no medical care, how dare I get irritated at having to wait a few extra minutes?! I know comparing our lives with others isn't always good, but sometimes, it seems necessary for me so that I don't take for granted what I have. :)

p.s. Our little girl got a great report and is growing bigger and cuter each day!
(I just love these little side smiles she does sometimes)

6 comments:

susan said...

Great attitude!!! And YES, she is growing darlinger and darlinger!!! =)

Jessica said...

Who is your pediatrician? Glad that she's doing well :)

Donna Stark said...

Great perspective! And, yes, those side smiles followed by the open-mouthed ones are too cute.

Jen said...

She is getting SO big! I cannot wait to hold and play with her next week!!! It will be so fun!

The Bagley Bunch said...

Oh my goodness!! She is adorable and getting SO big!! We gotta hook up girl! Glad everything is going good. Talk to you soon :)

Anonymous said...

What great perspective!! It is SO true how we have so many treasures we take for granted!! She is a CUTE little lady, that's for sure!!!