Wednesday, August 26, 2009

branching out


I mentioned in a previous post that Chris and I wimp out a lot when it comes to branching out with restaurants. We have several that we love and since we don't go out often, we tend to stick to those for fear of coming back lighter in the pocket book and disappointed in the tummy.

One of our favorite shows is Diners Drive-ins and Dives. We were inspired the other night to try some local place here. We have driven by this Thai place quite often and decided to give it a go. So off to Jasmine Thai I went after putting the kids down last night. I was surprised because it basically looked like a menu from a Chinese restaurant. I ordered Orange Chicken, which was so-so. I also ordered Cashew Chicken, which tasted like boiled chicken in broth with vegetables. Both were ok, but NOTHING worth spending our food budgeted money on! Bummer. Not only was dinner blah, but now we will be even more hesitant to branch out in the future. :(

Ok, I must run as we are off to Chris's parents for the weekend to attend his grandfather's funeral...

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Awe, I'm sad you had a bad Thai experience. We LOVE Thai food. I love curries. Have you ever been to Thai House in Redlands? They have a really yummy dish called Drunken noodles that we love too.

I agree that it is disappointing when you try something new and it ends up being sub par. Hopefully the next time you branch out you have better luck!