Monday, August 31, 2009

what's been going on...

*We got back yesterday from the weekend with Chris's family. Despite the circumstance of his grandfather's funeral, it was really nice to be with his family, especially those we rarely get to see. Cam did AWESOME all weekend. He was in unfamiliar territory much of the weekend and took everything like a champ, even loving his very first time with a babysitter other than the grandparents. We were so proud of him!

*Yesterday was Cam's 3rd birthday. We'll celebrate this weekend, but we did give him his birthday donut and he was adorable in trying to blow out the candle. He also got to open one gift from grandma and grandpa, which he loved.

*This morning was a sad morning for Cam (although he didn't know it). Today was his last day to have his home teacher come out. Angelica started with us over a year ago and has been coming for an hour each week to work/play with him. He learned to love her visits and although he can't comprehend that today was her last day, I know she'll be missed!



*Tomorrow is Cam's first day of pre school. I thought I might like Chris to take him initially (because I'll probably cry), but I think I would regret not being there for his first day. We are heading to Walmart today to pick out his backpack. I know he'll love it and it will be SO great for him. And we are only starting out with 2 hours a day, so it really isn't THAT much time I'll be away from him! :)

*We are thankful to have missed the nasty hot weekend and are hoping the heat calms down, for our sake as well as the fires. Chris went golfing this morning in Palm Springs...we'll see if he makes it back without having drooped. Who knows how hot it was there, even early in the morning!

*Kendall had somewhat of a regular night last night. I think her bad sleeping has been due more to a bad habit she created, rather than a growth spurt. Luckily this weekend she was SOO happy and content during the days, despite not getting good naps and having yucky nights. I'm so thankful for what a happy little baby she is turning out to be!!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Glad your trip went well.

I hope that tomorrow is great for both you and Cam :)

Donna Stark said...

Yes, you'll probably cry tomorrow. No matter how old they are on their first day of "school," it's hard for most mommies. I cried...you'll cry...Susan will cry...it's just the mommie thing. So on the first day of actual kindergarten, you can comfort the other moms like a pro & say, "There, there, it's not so bad." :o)

susan said...

Oh I was just praying for Cam's preschool this evening. I'm so excited to hear about the progress we know he'll be making there!

He and Savannah share the same first day - too bad you and I can't cry together. =)

Ross and Amy Free said...

Happy Birthday Cam!!!
We are sending him a Dodgers jersey in the mail!