Saturday, August 22, 2009

Cameron Jame's namesake...Grandpa Jim

*This weekend Chris was supposed to take Cam up to his parents and leave Kendall and I here. Thursday night he received a phone call that his grandpa had passed away. So he and his brother (w/o Cam) headed up yesterday morning. I really learned to love both of his grandparents, especially because mine passed away long ago. Grandpa Jim was wonderful to be around, told the funniest jokes (maybe not always the most politically correct, but funny!!), loved minced meat pie, had a great and dry sense of humor, and gave Chris some great memories (including driving down countless times to see him play baseball in high school...which meant a great deal to Chris). He will be missed, but is now experiencing no pain and in a far better place than this world could ever provide. :)

*Yesterday I hung out for a while at my mom's house. I was quite tired as Kendall gave me a run for my money the night before. I put a movie on for Cam and tried to relax a little outside with Kendall. Cam sniffed something was amiss and didn't want to miss out on any outside fun. So he wandered down and proceeded to play his favorite game, "Mama, throw ball in the sky!"...meaning he wanted me to throw everything and its mother in the pool to make a splash.



*I'd like to keep Kendall up until 7:00, but for some reason I simply cannot keep her awake past 6:30 sometimes. I try and try, but eventually give up...



*Today we'll go to the park and hit Target for...well nothing...it's just nice to have a place to go and walk around. :) Tomorrow after church Chris gets home! Woohoo!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm sorry about Chris' grandfather, that is hard. My sympathies are with you guys. How nice that he got to go to the service with his family.

I hope you can get some good rest tonight! I'm sure you'll be glad to have your hubby back home.

Donna Stark said...

Yes, Jim was a fun person to be around and it always sounded like he loved Chris & Craig & being a part of their lives. I know he'll be missed greatly.

Anonymous said...

grandpa Jim loved his grand-children so much. he was proud of Chris and his family and continued to show his happiness as Chris and Kelly's family grew. One of the many things we will remember grandpa for was his "diesel fitter" phrase from his favorite joke.