Friday, October 9, 2009

baking

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to bake. For me, it is so relaxing and I often like to do it when I have had a rough day. Yes, the sampling is nice, but the actual process is somehow therapeutic. Sounds cheesy, but it's true for me. I don't get to do it near as often as I once did. For one thing, having two kids doesn't allow much time for it. Another thing is that since Chris doesn't work outside the home, I have no where to send the goodies, and I don't want a whole batch sitting around staring us in the face every time we enter the kitchen.

Today I felt like baking and decided to try an angel food cake I made a while back (this one is chocolate). Here are my two baking buddies. Kendall was more just to sit and look pretty, whereas Cam helped me clean out the bowl with the shovel (aka "spatula").





I know, Chris doesn't like chocolate (which I believe is a sin, right?), but he does like this cake since it isn't too rich. :) I hope it turns out for our night. We don't have anything planned other than catching up on tivo, but having a fun dessert makes it more of a "night". :)

p.s. It's also a great exercise in helping Cam learn to share...

6 comments:

Ashley said...

I love baking too!! I'm always in the mood to bake when Fall is here. Your kids are getting so big and so cute! :)

Jessica said...

I love to bake too :) Your little helpers are awfully cute!

Jessica said...

ps.... sounds like we have a very similar evening planned... catching up on Tivo :) We'll be watching The Office, Community, Parks and REcreation and perhaps something else. Exciting stuff ;)

susan said...

I'm so glad you're making this cake again! We just had it last week too. I LOVE LOVE it. Chris too. =)

It helps to redeem you in my eyes after turning your nose up at my beloved Apple Chicken.

Donna Stark said...

What a BLESSED woman you are to have those two precious helpers! ...and I just love those support sit-up chairs. Gives them a taste of the big world that will open up when THEY can sit up.

Charlee said...

If you ever feel the need to bake you can send it up the street I can't bake at all! So me and my munchkins are always up for goodies. BTW cute helpers!