Thursday, October 8, 2009

life

*Today I observed Cam's pre school class in the hopes of helping out once a week. It was neat to see all that he does and I'm going to really like doing it on a consistent basis. It will be good to learn some of the phrases they use with him (like "quiet hands" when they want him to pay attention) so I can also use them at home.

*As the Holiday season approaches, our weekly Costco visits are getting more and more fun for Cam (as if a pizza lunch and samples weren't enough!). Christmas toys are on display as well as their supply of outdoor lights. He loves to look/play with both!

*Last week I got up to the check out stand and realized I had bought cook and serve pudding instead of instant. I told the clerk I didn't want the pudding, but she accidentally put it in my cart. Anyway, I figured I would give it a try. I'm one of those that HAS to have dessert every night, so pudding is usually on the menu since it is somewhat of a low fat item (notice I didn't say healthy because I know it is probably all chemicals!). Anyway, I couldn't tell any difference, which led me to wonder, "Why on earth would anyone buy cook and serve when it takes so much longer to make??"

*Does anyone else feel like The Office just isn't as funny as it used to be?

*I hate my hair. I hate the color and the cut. But I don't want to spend the money on getting it colored and while I would like bangs, I don't want to get them cut because I don't know how to trim them once they get too long (and I can't go back every time I need a trim). I feel blah.

*I put up our Halloween decorations outside. I LOVE the start of Holiday season!!!

*Kendall has followed in her brother's footsteps when he was this age and started taking 30 minute naps. Yep. 30 minutes. Lovely.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I agree that the office just isn't quite as funny this season... I don't find myself laughing out loud as much. Hopefully it will get funnier.

As for your hair you could always try the side swept bangs... that's what I do because as they grow out they don't look bad, and I can get away with waiting until my next hair cut.

Ethan did the 30 minute nap thing too.... from 3-7 months. I'm hoping Alayna doesn't follow in his footsteps! I feel your pain!