Sunday, October 25, 2009

saturday

Most Saturdays around here consist of, "What do you want to do?", "I don't know, what do you want to do?", "Um...we could go to Target?", "I'm tired of Target", "Hmmm...".

Yesterday, however, was a packed Saturday and we had a lot of fun. The morning started out with Chris and Cam's weekly breakfast date (donut and park). Cam was especially excited because this time he got to ride in his bike trailer. Shortly after they got back, we met some friends for the Fall Festival we had seen signs for. After realizing that we didn't know where it took place (the sign didn't say the location...go figure), we went on wild goose chase trying to find it and ended up just hanging out at a park. Note to our city: It might help if you actually tell people WHERE your big shindig is. :)

After lunch, Chris took Cam to a golf store and I took Kendall out to visit Jen. She drove out for the afternoon and I got to spend a little time with her and Ella. I'll take anytime I can get with her since we only typically have the phone as she lives an hour away.

Later that evening my parents came over to babysit. We have been wanting to try a new restaurant and a friend of mine recommended Romano's. It was sooo good and we loved the quiet/quaint atmosphere. We will definitely go there again as it had many of my "musts" for a restaurant: Good atmosphere, good bread before the meal, excellent food, salads included. :)



After a quick stop to pick up frozen yogurt on the way home, we concluded our day.

p.s. My mom made the cutest sleep sack for Kendall. I love these as they are easy to use and provide good warmth on top of the pajamas. Thanks, mom!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Sounds like a great Saturday :) I'm so glad you enjoyed Romanos!

susan said...

Fun day! I like your Saturday-what-to-do conversation. =)

Mom, awesome job on the sleep sack!!!! GREAT!!!

Donna Stark said...

Yes, it was actually quite easy. (The sleeveless ones are hard to find in the U.s.)

How odd that the city doesn't put the location on their posters...somebody needs a little marketing help. :o)

krista said...

I love Romanos too! We have been there a few times and have never been disappointed.
Cute sleepsack! :)

Charlee said...

The harvest festival was at the jr high. One was also at Bretheren school.

Anonymous said...

What a fun day!! So nice to visit with friends and try new things. YAY for shaking up the routine a bit!!