Sunday, October 18, 2009

while chris has been gone...

Chris left right after taking Cam to school on Friday. Later that morning, my mom went with me to Cam's first IEP (unfortunately they couldn't reschedule so Chris could go). My dad stayed with Kendall. The IEP went great. I am absolutely blown away by the people that are working/teaching Cam. They are fabulous. How do I know? You can tell a lot just by talking to someone, but the main reason is the progress that Cam has made since being there. We are blown away and are amazed everyday with new things he is saying and doing. I'm sooo grateful for this school. We decided to increase his hours a bit since we have seen such awesome things come of his time there, in addition to the fact that he really enjoys it.

After the meeting my mom hung out for a while and then we just stayed around the house and went for a walk for the rest of the day. Saturday we took another walk and Cam and I made a batch of muffins, which he really got into helping me with (especially sampling the raisins). We then headed over to my parents'. Both kids took naps (well, Cam went down...but decided a nap was not in the cards that day) and we headed home in the early afternoon. While we were there, we attempted a photo shoot in the kids' Halloween costumes.

My cowgirl and Superman...




This morning I can't believe I got both kids ready and to church 20 minutes early. I had to help out today in another kids' class so we needed to get going and out the door without being late. It was pretty easy to help out, but I'm a little tired. Usually church gives me a chance to actually breathe, but I was "on" today. :)

Right now both kids are down (well, Cam isn't and I swear he is going to come through the ceiling with all the jumping he is doing) and I just had a great lunch of some Barley Lentil Stew that my mom made me. Chris should be home late this afternoon and I'll be happy to see him. :)

2 comments:

Donna Stark said...

Zowy! Those pictures turned out great! I didn't think we got any that good! That he-man chest is quite impressive.

I ditto the great teacher & others! I'm soooo thankful for them too.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad it was a great meeting! And its awesome you love his school! I'm glad Chris had a great time on his birthday weekend too!