Friday, October 16, 2009

dream day

Today while Kendall was asleep, I was on Cam's bed watching him toodle around and found myself thinking, "I would give anything right now to just lie down and go to sleep". But obviously that wasn't an option, as it never is nowadays. :) However it got me thinking about what my dream day would look like. So here is what I would do if money were no object and the kids were with grandma. :)

*Wake up and lie in bed for however long I want
*Walk with Chris to Starbucks where I would get a White Chocolate Mocha, a scone, and sit and read
*Walk back and take a looooong shower
*Drive to Palm Springs and lay out by some hotel pool, reading magazines
*Eat lunch by the pool (brought to me by those great pool people who are always roaming about ready to take orders)
*Chris could go play golf and I would spend the afternoon at the spa (I've heard wraps are divine, so I might try that)
*Go to an early dinner at Cheesecake Factory (hamburger for me, Spicy Cashew Chicken for Chris)
*Drive back home and lie in bed, eating my cheesecake (Peanut Butter Choc. Chip Cookie Dough, to be exact) and watch TV till I drift off to sleep...

What would your "day off from mommyhood" include???

4 comments:

Jessica said...

It makes me chuckle that you know what Chris would also order during your dream day :) I take it you are creatures of habit at restaurants??

My dream day would also include relaxing, eating, and being with my husband :) One of my favorite ways to spend a day is relaxing at Glen Ivy Spa with him.

Anonymous said...

This sounds delightful to me too! A perfect "staycation". What's holding us back???? Jeremy and Chris could golf together!!! We'd opt for the avocado eggrolls and Spicy Chipotle Chicken Pasta.

Anonymous said...

:) I think perhaps the hardest thing about being a SAHM (for me) is the lack of freedom. Your list sounds like you'd enjoy some freedom!! :)

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to sleep everyday until 9:00. really i would.

susan said...

I don't know what all it would look like, but it would involve a lot of reading. A walk through the woods. Eating lunch while overlooking the ocean. A nap. Browsing in a scrapbooking/paper store with a hefty gift certificate to spend. =) Some more reading.

Actually, I might nix all that for the chance to take my kids to Disneyland for the day. In fact, I would for sure. So a whole day at DLand with beautiful weather, not too many people, and free food.

And I know you Calfornia moms think I have gone out of my mind to choose this over a spa and coffee shop. =)