Friday, December 11, 2009

Christmas Eve dinner

My family does not really have a tradition of making a certain meal on Christmas Eve (or Christmas). Each year we try and come up with something fun to make that evening. Last night I came home from the afternoon at my parent's house and told Chris...

Me: Guess what? My mom and I decided that on Christmas Eve, we will have a make your own pizza bar!!
Chris: What? That's like having a make your own oatmeal bar!
Me: What are you talking about? I think it sounds fun. You like pizza!
Chris: Yes, but this is what it will be: 80 different vegetable choices and 1 meat choice.
Me: It will not!

While I pretended to be shocked at his reaction (although it was pretty funny), I guess he is right. We wouldn't have 80 vegetables, but I don't envision us having tons of meat choices. I guess it's back to the drawing board. :)

4 comments:

Donna Stark said...

Oh, dear, I must admit I was already thinking about tomatoes, peppers, sauteed mushrooms, onions, etc. He's "got our number." I'm thinking meats now, though...we could still salvage this idea. HA!

Jessica said...

I love make your own pizza bars, I think they are so fun!

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of a pizza bar!! What about a baked potato bar, or a taco bar?? Those would be fun too! :)

krista said...

LOL. This cracked me up. I think it sounds like a great idea...just add some meats to it and it sounds like a great compromise :)