Tuesday, December 1, 2009

last Christmas

I've mentioned before that car rides can be pretty stressful if Kendall decides she doesn't want to be in her seat. When she cries, Cameron cries. It's all I can do to not cry myself, so I make double sure I have lots of distractions for her when we are on the road.

One thing that sometimes works is to listen to upbeat music (and she likes it when I bop back and forth). There is one particular song that not only does she seem to like, but Cameron loves and often sways and claps to the music along with me. The problem is that it is one of the most annoying Christmas songs out there. If you listen to 103.5, you probably have heard it about 50 times a day. It's called, "Last Christmas", by Wham.

When I can tell she is about to blow, I'll say, "You know what time it is, Chris?" He'll sigh (in a joking way), turn on the song, and the dancing begins. If you have never heard it before, click here. :)

3 comments:

Donna Stark said...

HA! Whatever works, huh? I thought your link was going to be Cam dancing to the song in the car.

Jessica said...

oh that's funny! I can't stand that song... oh the things you do to keep your children happy in the car :)

Anonymous said...

That's FUNNY!! :) Reagan used to stop crying whenever we played the Veggie Tales song "God is Bigger Than the Boogie Man." AH ... those were (not) the days!!