Monday, December 7, 2009

cold and rainy

I have SO much respect for stay at home moms who live in places where it either rains all the time, or is at least cold enough to not go outside (for a lot of the year). Yesterday and today have been cold and rainy. I have to say that I would LOVE right now to just snuggle up with a cup of hot chocolate and watch a movie. But that is never an option during this phase of my life (except after they are in bed).

So what have we done to keep busy??

*Yesterday we went for a walk and had another scavenger hunt. It was SO cold and as we approached our house, I was excited to get inside. Nope. Time to ride the bike! As I debated letting him ride, I thought, "It may be cold, but at least this occupies us for a little longer!"



*Today we set up some trains all over the kitchen floor.



*We played "Food Detective", where I gave him different bites of food, making him cover his eyes. He had to guess what I put in his mouth.



Exciting, huh?

7 comments:

sfitz said...

Today I filled the bathtub in my bathroom (therefore making it WAY cooler, apparently) and let the kids have some "Jacuzzi" time. :-)

Donna Stark said...

What great ideas you moms have!!!

Jessica said...

I'll be asking you for some of your great ideas once I'm in a location where I can't go out for 4 months out of the year!

Jessica said...

Ethan is going crazy right now... he's so tired of being cooped up inside (as am I). It sure does make me appreciate the fact that we live somewhere where it's generally nice!

Jannae said...

How fun you are!
We got colds..on top of being cooped up from the cold..we got sick! It was no fun!
You are very creative! Hope you guys got out and enjoyed the sunshine today! :)

Ross and Amy Free said...

I hope the drum set we are sending him for Christmas helps on these cold and rainy days. Enjoy.

Team Harry said...

You are so fun!! It's great that you make up fun things with them instead of turning on the TV all day!