Monday, May 3, 2010

a few things

*Last night Chris and I finished up a movie we rented, Sherlock Holmes (which we both loved!). We love RedBox because it's only $1 per night. However the funny thing is that we usually end up spending $3 on the rental. We always take two nights to watch a movie. On top of that, we ALWAYS forget to take it back. The bad part is that Kendall and I literally walk right by the store each day on our walk. But I still always forget to take it with me. For a tight wad like myself, I'm surprised I'm so bad about this!

*Last night we were spent from our day at Disneyland. I didn't feel like making dinner for Cam. I decided to create a "name your dinner" night for him. It was very cute to see those wheels turning in his head as he came up with each item he wanted. So what was on his plate (I allowed him 5 things)? Grapes, apples, raisins, Wheat Thins, and Cheerios. :)


*I like to give credit where credit is due, but I'm going to toot my own horn with this one. Today I created German Chocolate Cake balls (to freeze for Kendall's b-day party) and they are AWESOME. I basically topped a chocolate cake ball with German Chocolate frosting, then dipped it in chocolate. They are quite decadent. :)



*Cam has been doing great with his chart (with Kendall's crying). He bursts into song as soon as she fusses. Sometimes it is difficult for him to do and it might be accompanied by eyes brimming with tears, but he still does it. Kendall rarely REALLY cries for extended periods, so he hasn't had to tackle that. But so far I'm so proud of his progress.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

The cake balls look yummy :)

Yay for the chart working, that is great!

Love the "choose your own dinner", that's cute :)

Donna Stark said...

Hey, what a healthy name-your-own-dinner for a little kid to choose! Hooray!

Unknown said...

Kendall's birthday party?! OMgoodness are you serious?! How did that happen?! WOW!!