Saturday, May 29, 2010

ramblings


*Don't you just love how you can be having the hardest afternoon, but with one cute thing from your child, your whole perspective changes in an instant? Yesterday we had a pretty rough time dealing with some issues with Cameron. I would explain but I honestly don't think anyone could understand what I was talking about. So let's just say I was sitting on the couch, nursing Kendall, crying. I knew we needed to get out as that always seems to help. We went to one of the best parks I've found to date and had a picnic. I was still feeling slightly crummy until on the way home, after pointing a train out to Cam, he said, "The train is going to the train people store to get more people to ride the train!" A huge smile crossed my face. For a child who has struggled with speech, this was one of the cutest sentences he has come up with. My "5" afternoon jumped a few points after that. :)

*Yesterday afternoon we had our first family photo shoot at a park in Oak Glen. Jessica took the pictures and I'm SO excited to see them!! Photo shoots aren't ever that easy with two little kids. Luckily this one went pretty well, especially considering Kendall refused her second nap and was therefore a little on the crabby side.

*Today we went to Palm Springs for a Costco lunch and playtime at the mall. Cam loves to go to Hollister because they have a really cool TV on the wall with a live feed from Huntington pier. I even like to stand and watch the surfers.

*Both Chris and I have come to the conclusion that Adidas shoes are quite possibly the most comfortable shoe ever made.

*Bachelorette favorite after the first episode: Phil

*Lakers game on tonight. Chris will be watching downstairs...I'll be watching, "Dear John" upstairs. Thanks, Red Box!

*Chris had a guy cuss him out from his car window because he felt Chris was following too close (Chris had been a little due to the guy being in the fast lane and refusing to move over). There were a lot of things Chris wanted to say, but obviously didn't. A few seconds later a large truck drove up to the car, exchanged heated words, and threw their soda into the guy's car. Wow. Was Chris secretly laughing inside? Come on, wouldn't you? :)

*I love this picture from when Cam was little. His smile is so funny. :)



1 comment:

Donna Stark said...

So sorry you had a rough afternoon. Love the train sentence too! What's "Dear John?"

Oh, & you forgot to say the truck guys gave Chris a thumbs-up after throwing the soda because they had seen how the guy had harassed Chris. Hee. Shame on me for liking this story. :o)