Thursday, May 27, 2010

very belated birthday

Because my mom was out of the country for several weeks a while back, we never celebrated my birthday together. Tonight we all went over and had a great dinner, cake, and I received some fun presents. After I heard my mom rave out this dish she had when visiting my sister, I decided to request it for my birthday dinner. It was amazing. Equally amazing was the dessert I requested. Despite my opinion that fruit and dessert don't mix, my mom's strawberry cake is wonderful and the most moist cake I have ever had. Sidenote: I specifically requested a round cake rather than a sheet cake. The icing to cake ratio is much better, in my opinion. However this cake is SO moist, my mom said she had to do it as a sheet. It still was awesome. :)

While it was a rather hectic meal due to two noisy and antsy kids, we had a nice time and I felt very special.

Here is my little present helper. Notice his party hat. He had asked if we were going to wear party hats for my party. After school, we went to a party store so he could pick some out. Out of all the cute ones, including Elmo, he chose horses. Really, Cam?? :)
Ahhhh...too cute.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Stretching your birthday out is the best! Glad you could have another celebration :)

Alayna is wearing that same shirt today that Kendall has on in the picture :) Yay for Kohls!

I have that recipe printed out and I've been wanting to make it forever. I think you've just given me the motivation I needed :) I'm going to try it this weekend!

Donna Stark said...

Yes, it was fun...and a yummy dinner--even if I DO say so myself.

You can take heart from this fact: even though it may SEEM that you get more frosting with each bite from a 2-layer cake, that's impossible because both cakes have the same amount of frosting. :o)

Jessica, if you try the pizza recipe, it tastes delicious with thin ham slices instead of Prosciutto, too. That's what I used. My Staters didn't carry Prosciutto.