Monday, January 14, 2013

*Every single day I have at least two cups of hot chocolate.  This is my round up.  I use 1 tsp sugar, 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa (only Walmart has dark chocolate cocoa...which is amazing), and 1 tbls. Hazelnut creamer.  I mix this into a little rice milk/water and mmmm....good. :)


*The other day a friend asked if I still had to entertain Cameron most of the day.  I realized that it has been a long time since I've had to do that.  This is thanks to his little partner in crime.  They are such cute playmates and while playing together has increased the arguing, it's still so worth it to see the fun they have with one another. :)



*We rented Bourne Legacy this past weekend and I LOVED it.  I feel like I've gotten a lot harder to please in movies and TV shows and this one was sooo worth the rental. :)

*I've been talking a lot to my mom/sister and thinking about organic vs. non-organic.  I'm still so confused about it all. Right now I've switched back to Rice Milk and for fruits and veggies, while I don't buy organic, I've started soaking them in a water/vinegar mixture before washing them.  My mom learned this from a book she had bought on fighting cancer.  Sometimes I'm so "done" with worrying and analyzing about all the foods we eat.  I'm not super extreme about everything we put in our mouths (my kids are not candy deprived nor am I!), but I do want at least the majority of what we eat to be good in the food itself and the way it's grown.  I just wish there wasn't so much conflicting stuff out there.

*Cam has gotten to the age where he asks tons of questions and comments on things a lot.  For instance, he's already done the, "That lady looks like she has a baby in her belly!" (she didn't) and, "Hey look, a criminal and a robber!" (staring straight at a couple of thug looking teens at the mall).  Ugh!!!  So embarrassing!!!  Question:  When your child does that, is it better to acknowledge the comment to the person by apologizing, making them feel even more embarrassed?  Or is it better to whisper in his ear and not acknowledge the person (I would think they would realize a reprimanding was going on)?
 ?????Thoughts??????

No comments: