Saturday, January 19, 2013

remedy for dense

This morning I made the most delicious cinnamon rolls...and they were healthy!!  I wanted to make them a little more light in texture so I used half whole wheat flour and half oats (ground in the blender). Now, it's not like they were like Cinnabon or anything (they are still more biscuit like than chewy dough), but they were definitely less dense and the oats gave them SUCH a good flavor!!  I think part oats is the way to go from now on!  

Here is Cam the helper.  He liked to spread the applesauce (instead of melted butter) on top before the sugar/cinnamon went on.



Yes, even Chris liked them!  Don't let his face fool you...he had just woken up. :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow--those look delicious!
Mom

Jessica said...

Hmmmmm, I think I need to try one, I'm not convinced that cinnamon rolls minus the butter are any good ;)