Tuesday, February 19, 2013

weekend

We had a fantastic weekend up north celebrating Chris' grandma's 80th birthday.  In addition to being with extended family, it was sooo wonderful to see the cousins together and enjoy one another.  My kids did awesome at the birthday and hanging out at Grandma W's house, thanks in large part to their great cousin playmates. :)

I wish I could say I took loads of pictures. Here are just a few I scrounged up. :)

Visiting a dinosaur museum:


Before the party started the kids enjoyed running around the banquet hall.  Here Kendall is putting on a show.  I wish I had a picture of her and Chris' cousin, Austin.  Kendall was quite taken with him the whole weekend and expects him to attend her birthday in May, despite him being from Oregon. :)


Chris' mom makes the best German Chocolate cake, which I enjoyed several pieces of.  Here are Kendall and Wanda having some leftovers after the party (yes, it had nuts...but for some reason they are a-okay by me in this cake):




Awesome weekend. :)

p.s. Bachelor:  Um...Sean, really?  What I heard Catherine's sisters say was, "Catherine is NOT ready to settle down and she tends to dump guys after they bore her." Apparently that was not what you heard.  Wow...I thought you were smarter than that! :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's interesting what shy little Kendall will do when she's just surrounded by people she knows.

So glad Wanda's birthday celebration was a fun one. A sweet grandma.
Mom

Jessica said...

That nut stuff looks interesting... let me know if it's any good.

Glad you could have a nice weekend trip :) I'd imagine it's so nice to just get away once in a while like that and not have to pay for anything but gas :)