Sunday, August 10, 2014

veggie tales movie night

*I've started being more vocal about things that are unfair and/or rude. I've been a bit feisty lately. :) I spoke up to a woman who was very rude to a young girl and her dad at Costco last week. I also recently went to the Little Caesar's website and wrote the following message.

This is the second time in two weeks I have visited the 6th St., Beaumont location. While the service/employees have been wonderful (very friendly), the temperature of the store was unbelievably hot. I stepped into the store both times and immediately started to sweat. I felt horrible for the employees (one who was pregnant AND manning the oven). I thought it might be a fluke the first time, but the second time made me quite angry to the point that I don't think we will be visiting again. After questioning an employee and being told that they were not allowed to put the thermostat below 80 (per the manager), I do not wish to support an environment which seems so cruel to its employees. 

Sidenote: I actually talked at length with the employee. She and the others were miserable and she was very frustrated that her manager had no sympathy for how unbearably hot it was.

*I'm starting to stock up on healthy snacks for the kids. They won't eat lunch at school, but I will pack them a snack each day. A couple days ago I made a batch of the yummiest homemade graham crackers. While they still probably have the same amount of sugar as store bought, at least they don't have all the other stuff listed in the long ingredient list. Yes, we still have store bought grahams in our pantry, but as much as I can I'll try and keep us stocked with these. :)

Mine do NOT look this cute :)



*Love this pic of Kendall getting her hearing checked for her kindergarten physical :)


*This is a picture of super dad Chris. Tonight our church is showing a Veggie Tales movie and Chris took not only our kids, but the quadruplets from across the street!! They were beyond excited. What a daddy!!!




1 comment:

Teresa DiMillo said...

Good for you on being more vocal. Bravo to Chris for taking on the challenge of 6 kids. That's impressive!