Saturday, August 2, 2014

my little girl

We have one more full week until school starts. I think back to when Cameron first started school.  He was only three but needed to be in an Autism preschool. Even though he made tremendous (I mean, huge! ) progress because of that class, I couldn't send my little guy five days a week right off the bat. So I gradually eased him (and me!) into it by picking him up early each day.

So I know that I got through it with Cam and I'll get through it with Kendall. But Cam was so long ago and the feelings of "losing my baby" have long since faded. The fact is, I'm not ready to lose my Kendall...even for a few hours a day.

On a happy note, she has said two of the cutest, most random things the past couple of days.

Yesterday we were headed to my friend's house for a playdate:
"My tummy hurts. I hope they have beds there. In the 1930's, no one had beds!!"

Right now Chris taking the kids for donuts and some back to school shopping. In the car he overheard her telling Cam:
"Cameron, I don't do ballet anymore because I do rock star things. That's my talent."

I love my little girl...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, those are tooooo funny!

Yes, it was so sad for me too when you both started off to school. But when the child starts loving going to school, it eases mom's sadness. I love that you love their company so much!!

Mom

Teresa DiMillo said...

I'm right there with you, friend. Taelyn is my first, I don't know what to expect, but if I think about it too much, I end up crying. I'm gonna be a mess in two weeks!