Saturday, August 8, 2015

kidless week

So what have I been doing this week without kids?

-Chris and I have watched many episodes of West Wing. This took us back to our days before kids when watching more than one episode in a row of any show was the norm!

-I went to visit a friend of mine and got to stay for much longer than had the kids been with me. :)

-On Tuesday we spent the night out in the desert. This was so relaxing. The first thing we did upon arrival was collapse in the room and watch a movie. :) We later went to Cheesecake Factory (of course!) and then brought back frozen yogurt for dessert.

The next morning, while Chris played golf ...



...I went to the hotel gym (I forgot how much I like like running on a treadmill) and then read for a long time out on our patio. Soooo nice. :)



I read a good chunk of Laura Bush's autobiography. I probably won't make it the whole way through (it's long!), but it has been interesting to read all about her childhood and her meeting George.

-I've gotten some food prep done, mainly in the form of snacks for school. I made some granola and a homemade Nutri-Grain bar recipe I can't believe how much they taste like the real thing!



-Today we went to see the new Mission Impossible movie with my parents. Afterward we tried, Pieology. We all were very impressed!!


Sleeping in, not having to make meals, and just relaxing with Chris all week has been wonderful. But I will say that both Chris and I are SOOO excited and anxious to see the kids tomorrow. :)  We can't wait to hear all about their fun week filled with the Monterey Aquarium and more swimming then they've done all summer!!! We are incredibly grateful to Chris' parents.  A week is a long time to entertain two kiddos! :)




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you had such a great week. What a blessing Debbie and Wayne are! The picture of the golf course just makes me feel relaxed to look at it. It would almost be worth my trying to learn to play golf just to be on lovely golf courses--almost. Yes, Pieology definitely gets a thumbs-up from me!!! And we went at such a perfect time with no crowds and outside tables available in the shade. So enjoyable!!!
Love,
Mom

Jessica said...

I'm so glad your week ended up being enjoyable :) I'll admit, it sounds pretty lovely to me! Bonus that your kids had such a blast :)