Monday, August 18, 2008

grandparent's magic dust

I think Chris's parents are hiding something from me...and I think it is magic sleeping dust. This past Saturday (while Chris and Cam were up visiting them) Cam slept 2 hours for his nap as well as slept in until 7:00 on Sunday. The dust must have remained with him because he again woke up at 7:00 this morning (however it has for sure worn off as he gave me his typical short nap today). So what gives?? I think they secretly use it on my nieces as well because my littlest niece slept in a couple hours past her normal wake time the last time they were up there. Hey, I'm not complaining by any means, but I sure would like for them to share the wealth so I could get a longer sleeper down here at our house!!

Maybe next time we are up there I'll ask Debbie if she has any magic eating dust to make my stinker eat like a normal human. I posted a while back that I tried making homemade graham crackers. I thought they were tasty (as did several others that tried them) but they never caught on with Cam. In fact, when I'd hand him one during a car ride, he would proceed to take it and then simply hold it in his hand the whole way home. So yesterday I decided to try something a little different, homemade granola bars. The Quaker ones he typically eats are filled with yuckiness. Mine taste like a healthy oatmeal cookie, in my opinion. But let's be honest, my opinion isn't what matters. And Cam's opinion so far is not too favorable. I think it is just because they are something new but I'm bound and determined to keep at it!!

3 comments:

Ross and Amy Free said...

Please mail all leftover homemade goodies out this way!

I liked you post about being an introvert, Amy and I are both realizing how much we value just being at home, especially on the weekends.

Anonymous said...

oooo--homemade granola bars sound pretty yummy!!

i know what you mean about sleeping dust. can i get me some of that for Danny?

Donna Stark said...

Good golly! Can you even IMAGINE how much money a person would make if they actually invented magic sleeping dust that worked????!!!! I think they'd quickly surpass Bill Gates and Donald Trump!