Sunday, August 31, 2008

no more baby

This weekend we celebrated Cam's birthday. Chris's parents came down Friday and on Saturday morning we took them up to Oak Glen. We had a wonderful breakfast outside while Cam kept himself busy running up and down the ramps and around the deck. Afterward we wandered around the vendor's booths and rode the train. The weather was perfect and Cam was again in heaven with being outdoors and able to explore all of the uneven terrain.




That afternoon we had his party. We decided to make it a family party this year because last year was incredibly stressful for both us and Cam. He was sooo overwhelmed with everyone and we spent the majority of the time upstairs rotating calming him down. This year was definitely better, however he still had somewhat of a hard time. I think the main difference was that we knew how to read him and swooped him upstairs as soon as he started to get upset (rather than last year when we just tried to keep him around everyone).




Anyway, Chris bbq'd some great burgers and afterward I gave Cam his cake. Knowing he wouldn't even touch it (not a fan of the icing on his hands), I tried to decorate it with his two favorites, raisins and bananas. Still not much luck in him touching it, but it still looked cute. :)



Overall it went well and Cam did relatively well with everyone here. I'm so excited for my little 2 year old and what is even better is that the newness of having our own child has not worn off. I still wake up each day excited to see him, find myself missing him when I'm away only a few hours, and just love every day with him!!

7 comments:

Robert and Liz Crews said...

Oh my he is such a little man, they grow up so fast! Hold onto those precious moments... I still love hanging out with our kids and look forward to those moments! Happy Birthday Cam!! What a fortunate young man to have you as parents:)

Donna Stark said...

Yes, he IS a fortunate young man--and such an adorable one! Our big two-year-old Cam man!

(He looks like he's contemplating, "Now what's my strategy for getting those raisins off without getting my hands all sticky?" :o)

Donna Stark said...

...and I love your last two sentences! It sure shows how much you love being with your little guy! I wish every child in the world was so blessed.

Taylor Family said...

Happy 2nd birthday, Cam! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Cameron!! What a cutie!! Zach didn't want to touch his cakes either. hrumph. But he would eat it if i spoon fed it to him. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Big Boy!!!!!

Team Harry said...

Happy Birthday Cam!! Tell your parents you want a trip to Texas for your birthday!! We love you!!!