Thursday, September 25, 2008

john and kate

One of my favorite shows is John and Kate + 8. Chris will often watch it with me, however he tends to get annoyed with the way Kate talks to her husband (she can get rather condescending). I recently finished a book written by the couple ("Multiple Blessings") talking about how their whole story began. It was very interesting to hear about it as the show mainly has focused on life once the sextuplets became older. I think one of things I love about the show is that it is motivating to me when I feel overwhelmed. If they can do it with 8 kids, I can certainly do it with one! It is also neat to see how much they value their family. They find contentment in purely being together and I find that very sweet. :) Anyway, if you are a fan of the show, I think it is worth a read. And if you live nearby, I can certainly loan it to you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll read it. If you can be without it for 3 months, then you can send it with Dad in Nov. and I'll send it back with Mom in Feb. =)

Team Harry said...

I watch that show often too!! I like how she is a 'Real Mom' and doesn't claim to never lose it or yell or have a bad day!! I love that they are Christians too!! They drive like an hour to church!!