Tuesday, September 30, 2008

this was fun to wake up to a while back...

STATS:
Due: mid-May
Major craving: Grape Nuts...any time of day
Morning Sickness: I thought I was in the clear for the first few weeks, then it hit...still going through just feeling yucky most of the day
Boy or Girl? I honestly am about 50/50 on what I would rather have. Part of me thinks it would be fun to have two little boys. The other part wants a girl, a big reason being the type of relationship my mom and I have. I'd love to have that one day with a daughter. On a sidenote, Cam is outnumbered with his cousins 5 to 1...so it might be nice for him to have another boy around. :)
How I told Chris: Made a "We are pregnant!!!" sign and stuck it in his donut the morning I took the test. He was, of course, super excited.
Names: With Cam, we tried at first to keep it a secret. That didn't last long as we wanted to get other people's opinions. We are determined this time to keep it a secret. We'll see...
Will this be our last? Most likely. We have said for a long time now that 2 is a good number for us.

16 comments:

Donna Stark said...

Wahooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Hip, hip, hooray!!!
Thank you, Lord!!
Yipee!!!!!!!!!!!
What a wonderful word to read in the test kit window!

Ross and Amy Free said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you guys!

Amynikki said...

Yeah!! Congratulations! How wonderful for your family.

Jessica said...

Congratulations! That is very exciting :) Hope the nausea lets up soon! I find it very funny that you crave Grape Nuts.

Anonymous said...

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! We can't wait!!! More Petinaks is a good thing!!!

While it would be VERY fun for S and A and ? to have a girl cousin and you to have a daughter, it would also be VERY fun for Cam to have a brother - and to even out the odds a little like you said. So you win either way! But the best solution would be if this would be twins: boy and girl.

Since it isn't twins, you need to get prego just ONE MORE time (maybe a 4th) to give you the best chance for both genders. 5 kids, and you should be sure to have a daugther plus a bro for Cam.

5 kids is not THAT MANY more than 2, after all.

Oh I want to squeeze that name out of you...... At least I know that if it's a girl, the middle name will be Susan since we did that for you. It is the only honorable thing to do.

So are you praying for a boy now?? =)

the BLAH BLAH BLAHger said...

OH MY GOODNESS, CONGRATS!!! I'm sure he/she will be another gorgeous Petinak baby!!! So fun!

Team Harry said...

Congrats!!! So excited for you... Wish I didn't live so far so I could throw you baby shower #2... Come out her so we can celebrate!!!

Carrie P said...

congratulations!!! and enjoy those grape nuts!

Taylor Family said...

Yay! Congrats, Kelly!

Anonymous said...

That's great news! So happy for you guys! :)

kw said...

congrats, kelly!! so exciting :)

heidi said...

wow... congratulations, Kelly! That is so exciting!!!

Anonymous said...

YAY!! WAHOO!! I AM SOOO EXCITED FOR YOU & CHRIS!!

Robert and Liz Crews said...

How AWESOME! We are so happy for all 4 of you:) Praise God.

Jen Epperson said...

Congratulations Kelly! That is so exciting!

Ruthie said...

KEL!!!!!!!

So excited for you guys!!! Seriously it's been forever. we need to catch up.

Tell Chris I send my congrats!

xo

Ruthie