Saturday, February 28, 2009

my day

This morning I woke up at 5:45, like usual. However the nice part was that I didn't get up for another hour and a half! After some emailing, reading, and watching TV, I got up and got some good cleaning done. Yes, I know this is a "me" weekend, but I would feel a little too lazy if I let it slip by without any cleaning!

I also put up the curtains in the nursery. We are pretty much done except for the letters on the wall.


Chris made these pictures for the wall. I wanted them super simple and I think they came out quite cute!


After getting ready, I met my friend Ruth for lunch. We had such a great time, talking the entire time, as usual. One thing I love about Ruth is the fact that we often find ourselves having such interesting conversations.



After lunch, I got a pedicure on the way home. I would love to get these weekly, rather than 2-3 times a year. But I guess the nice thing is that when I do get one, it makes it all the more enjoyable!

So what is on the agenda tonight? Not much. But I do know that this piece of cake will get a run for its money! I got it to go from Martha Green's (where we ate lunch). It is actually the exact same one I had made for our wedding and I've always been bitter because I only got one bite of it that day...and it is soooo good!!



Yes, I have enjoyed my weekend so far, but to be honest, I miss Chris and Cam and am already anxious for them to get home tomorrow. Two days is plenty of alone time for me!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I love the room and I LOVE those pictures, they are adorable :) How much longer do you have until your due date?

Glad you got to enjoy a weekend alone... I can only imagine :)

Donna Stark said...

What? You mean your mother didn't save you any of your wedding cake?

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad it was such a restful weekend!! Those pictures are VERY cute!! i love her nursery!!

Jen said...

I LOVE the pictures Chris made for the room! They look great! I'm so glad you decorated more this time around...it's such a fun nursery!

the BLAH BLAH BLAHger said...

Kelly, the nursery is ADORABLE!!!