Saturday, February 14, 2009

not quite as we planned

Tonight didn't turn out quite as we had thought. We had planned on going out to dinner at a new restaurant for Valentines. Our sitter was supposed to come at 6:30. We put Cam down for bed extra early and were ready to go. We waited...and waited. Our sitter unfortunately forgot. In her defense, this was SO UNLIKE her. She is super responsible, which is why we weren't upset. A little bummed, but not upset. There was no way we could have made our reservation in time, so we just canceled and stayed at home. Oh well.

After a nice meal of take out Mexican, we exchanged our cards. Since our anniversary is less than a month away, we just exchange cards on V-day, then gifts for our anniversary. I did want to do a little something special, so I made Chris's favorite Girls Scout Cookies, Samoas (thanks for the recipe, Jessica!). One word: wow! Quite tasty and very similar to the real thing. I made my own Girls Scout box as my presentation. It was a fun little project. :)




So that was our Valentines night. Not quite what we had pictured, but special none the less.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That stinks!!! But good for you for having good attitudes and making it special in spite of!! Fun gift!

Jessica said...

Your Samoas turned out cute :) Glad you enjoyed them. Bummer that your sitter didn't show up, that is definitely a disappointment :( At least you enjoyed your night in together.

Donna Stark said...

So sorry--but good for you for making a nice night of it anyway.

Also, I just read your previous post and think if they don't have a "for children 5 and under" sign, it's for anyone. Go for it!

Taylor Family said...

YUM!! Can I get the recipe from you? Those look delicious!! :)

Jen said...

I can't believe she forgot! Did you end up calling her after she didn't show up? What a bummer! I'm so sorry...I know you were looking forward to that!

Jen Epperson said...

I would love the Girl Scout Cookie recipe too if you want to share! :) It sounds like you guys made the best of the situation and enjoyed your time together! I hope you get to try that new restaurant soon!