Monday, February 2, 2009

project under way

Except for the curtains, which I will work on tonight, we are done with Cam's new room. Project "get him acquainted in the hopes it will be a smooth transition" has begun with daddy reading him some books on his big boy bed...



Interesting phenomenon with Cam and his naps. I've learned that if he falls asleep on the way home from something around nap time (which all of his things seem to fall around that time unfortunately and it is all I can do sometimes to keep him awake), it throws him off completely. Even if he falls asleep for less than 5 minutes, like today. I thought I was in the clear because he barely fell asleep, but was still obviously super tired by the time we got home. So what happened after we put him down? He jumped, talked, and yelled for over an hour. No nap. What the heck?? I know he was tired!!!

5 comments:

Team Harry said...

I remember those days!! I used to bug the heck out of my kids to make sure they didn't fall asleep!!
If I know my kids are tired then room time isn't an option. They need to stay there and if they choose to not sleep then I guess it's early to bed that night.
I like the pic of Chris reading him a book. Very sweet moments!!

IE Mommy Blogger said...

Hey Kelly,
Didn't know you had a blog. How fun! I'll have to add you to my blog roll. It's been fun reading about all your adventures. Swing by the IE Mommy sometime!

The Urke Family said...

that is such a sweet picture

Anonymous said...

Yeah, bummer that a 5-minute sleep in the car takes the place of THE NAP. Sweet picture. Let's see a pic of the whole room.

Donna Stark said...

Oops--that last post was from me.