Wednesday, November 18, 2009

costco

Costco purchases yesterday:

Lunch
Chris: Chicken Bake, soda
Me/Cam: split cheese pizza
Me: Mocha Freeze-just as good as a frappuchino and half the price!

Groceries
Eggs
Bananas-always!
Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter- never creamy
Wheat Thins
Slippers-will return because they didn't fit, but boy do I need some!
Toilet Paper

Samples and Ratings
Marie Calenders Corn Bread: 7-kind of dry
Soup: Didn't try
Fish spread on crackers: Never in a million years
Biscuit: 7
Cheesecake: 7-not near rich enough like the actual Cheesecake Factory brand
Taquitos: 7
Corn Bread Stuffing: 9.5-had apples and cranberries, yum!
Cheese Souffle: 8
Cheese Tortellini: 7
Chips: 6

Overall the ratings weren't too high, but I give Costco a 9.5 for variety and quantity of samples. :)

5 comments:

susan said...

Oh I agree about peanut butter! What kind of person buys creamy peanut butter??!!

You're hilarious to try so many samples!!! You could make a meal off of all that! Do you want to know something so ridiculous? I'm too self-conscious to try the samples. =)

Oh the stuffing sounds yummy! I'm in charge of stuffing this year for the 11 of us - that is going to be a LOT of bread-tearing!!

Kelly said...

Why am I not surprised about the samples, Susan! You probably would be REALLY self conscious to actually stand there and wait for them to finish cutting whatever it is they are serving. I am too, but it's worth it to get it in the hands of an eager Cam! You don't have boxed stuffing? Bummer!

Donna Stark said...

Here, here on the crunchy peanut butter--the crunchier the better.

Hey, are slippers a Christmas idea for you...or do you want to pick them out?

Yeah, Susan, I just got back from Costco. You do sometimes feel a bit bush league joining the piranha feeding frenzy when a good item comes out of the sample oven.

Jodie said...

Fish spread on crackers: Never in a million years...This cracked me up, probably because I was thinking the VERY same thing. :)

Cheryl Urke said...

I am Shocked that you would equate a costco mocha freeze with a frappuchino...really kelly? come on