Wednesday, November 11, 2009

let down

I've learned several times that it never is wise to get your hopes up too much that your child will like/love a certain thing. I've gotten really excited about Cameron trying a certain activity, only to find out he could really care less about it. Case in point was with my Cheerio activity poster.

Cameron loves the Cheerio book (I bet most of you have it) where you put the Cheerios in the different circles on the page. Because he has been so into the book, I decided to make my own version. I went through his other books and found pictures I knew he would like. I drew them on a big poster board, with circles he could fill with the cereal.

I was so excited for him to try it. Yes, he participated and seemed to enjoy it a little. But after a few minutes, he was done and preferred his book. Oh well. I'll keep it around and maybe Kendall will like it. :)


4 comments:

the BLAH BLAH BLAHger said...

What a clever idea! Maybe he'll warm up to it!!!

Bonnie said...

I've always wanted that Cheerio book since I saw it at your shower. I'm glad to know that he has enjoyed it. What a creative thing to do to make a poster too. :)

Donna Stark said...

Great poster idea--if you bring it out in a month he may act like it's the greatest thing since peanut butter!

susan said...

Oh Kelly, that is SOOO creative! What a wonderful mommy to put so much time and effort into something very specifically suited to your child! I agree with mom - he may love it with time! And Kendall too! Definitely can't declare it a flop yet! =)