Saturday, November 7, 2009

happy saturday!!

Today wasn't very happy. It started out with an early wake up from Cam (5:30) and a yucky night's sleep for both Chris and I. At 7:00, Chris and Cam dropped Kendall and I off at Urgent Care. My trouble with my sinuses had turned into an infection and I was told it wouldn't go away without antibiotics.

We had an event with Cam's school later that morning and I really wanted to go as a family. So I loaded up on Advil and off we went. The event actually went pretty well, however on the way home my Advil started wearing off. Luckily, or so I thought, both kids would go down for naps when we got home, enabling both of us to rest for a while. Not so much. Kendall took her usual 40 minute nap and Cam, despite almost falling asleep on the way there, refused to take a nap. Lovely.

The afternoon was one of those where both Chris and I looked at each other and said, "How on earth are we going to make it to bedtime?". Tonight I was supposed to go to a leadership meeting for my Mom's group. I was really excited about going and hanging out with the other girls, however it quickly became apparent that I wasn't in the condition to go. So I dropped off the dessert I had made and headed home.

Right now we are counting down the last 25 minutes until Cam goes to bed and then we will finally have some down time. Gosh, does it bite to be sick with kids. Gone are the days of lazing around watching movies when we don't feel good. So Saturday, we are NOT sad to see you go.

Sidenote: I must be honest and admit that prior to having my first sinus infection, I thought it was nothing more than a really bad cold. Wow, was I wrong. A sinus infection is one of the most painful things I've ever had. It is night and day different than just a cold.

3 comments:

sfitz said...

I had an ear infection last year (first one that I think I've ever had, at least that I remember) and at the hight of the pain I swore it was worse than labor. I thought it would feel better if someone would just chop my head in half, seriously. So I feel your pain, sinus head stuff is not to be scoffed at. Hope you, and your entire family, sleep well tonight!

Donna Stark said...

Oh, what a miserable day! I'm so sorry! If I'd known you were both feeling bad, we wouldn't have gone to the mountains today and could've brought Cam home. I do pray you get a good night's sleep and wake up feeling much better.

susan said...

Wow, I never knew a sinus infection was so bad!!! Yikes. What a stinky day! I'm sooooo sorry. And I'm so sorry your kids are such lousy nappers! That makes such a difference. =(

If I lived around the corner, I'd say, bring 'em on over here!!!!! Wouldn't that be great? We'd never worry about asking. We'd just ship 'em on over when we needed to.