Thursday, November 5, 2009

that time of night

Every evening, typically about a half hour before Kendall goes down, I find myself walking around our loft, holding her and listening to country music. For some reason she is happy when I do this, which is the goal. At this point, she is BEYOND tired due to her bad, terrible, short, sporadic naps.



I usually listen to country because that is what I'm into right now. There are certain songs that, when they come on, put me in such a great mood. Right now I LOVE "Toes" by the Zac Brown Band. Whenever it comes on, I close my eyes and just picture myself on a beach somewhere, sipping a Pina Colada. Ahhh...

I started thinking about other songs that instantly put me in a good mood. Here are a few:

*Love is a Beautiful Thing: Phil Vassar
*Something Like That: Tim McGraw
*My Maria: Brooks and Dunn
*Tainted Love: Soft Cell (not country)

What are your songs?

3 comments:

Donna Stark said...

Oh, soooooooooooooooooooooooo many! Two that come to mind are
"Grease" and
"You're the One That I Want"

--both from Grease.

Team Harry said...

I have so many favorite country songs right now!

Like
Do I? Luke Bryan
She's Country. Jason Aldean
And anything from Lady Antebellum!

Did you know we are going to the Country Music awards in Nashville??
So excited!

Anonymous said...

Ooooo, I can just picture you doing the dance with kendall!! what a fun post! i love to hear these sorts of everyday happenings!

right now i love:
Midnight Train to Georgia (Indigo Girls version)
Float On (Modest Mouse)
This is Your Life (Switchfoot)