Wednesday, November 4, 2009

heaven on a plate

Last night we had my parents and my mom's best friend (who is out visiting from Texas) over for dinner. I served BBQ chicken pizza and No-Bake Chocolate Truffle Pie for dessert. Chris's mom introduced me to it once when we were up for a visit. It is SOO fabulous and one of the richest pies you'll ever taste. I changed the recipe slightly, just using store bought caramel topping instead of making your own. Here is the recipe. It's pretty easy and is sure to wow anyone you serve it to.

*1/2 cup pecan (or any nut) pieces, coarsely chopped
*One pre-made Oreo crust
*1 cup caramel ice cream topping (any brand, but I like Mrs. Richardson's because it is thicker; also, 1 cup is an estimate...basically the more caramel the better)
*1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
*1 cup heavy whipping cream
*3 Tbsp butter

Spread nuts over crust. Pour caramel over nuts. Heat chocolate chips, cream and butter in a saucepan over low heat, stirring until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Pour over caramel layer and refrigerate about 4 hours until set.

2 comments:

the BLAH BLAH BLAHger said...

This looks AMAZING! Can't wait to try it!!!

The Urke Family said...

i am definitely going to make this. yum!
kelly, thank you so so so soosoooooooo much for sending me that picture and the gooey bars. it means SO much to me