Sunday, January 9, 2011

*Chris and Cam have been gone since Friday. They'll get home tomorrow and I promised Cam I would have his new train set all set up for him when he returned. Boy am I terrible at doing stuff like this. Nothing like a kids' toy to make you feel stupid!

*A long time ago I saw part of an infomercial about the exercise, Zumba. Basically it's a sassy/salsa form of Jazzercise (which I did in high school and loved). I didn't think anything of it because it was an infomercial, after all. How popular could it really be? But from what I've read, it's VERY popular. In fact, they are actually putting one in our little town (ironically I passed it on my way back from getting a probably non-Zumba approved, loaded up frozen yogurt)! :) If OUR town is getting one, it must be big!

*Kendall and I have been enjoying our mother/daughter time this weekend. We had a nice visit from my parents and sister's family Friday night. Yesterday we went over to hang out for a few hours. Today they left for OC, so Kendall and I went to Palm Springs. We went to the street fair and I got some cute beaded rings. We then went to the mall, where I let her run around till we were both tired.

*Kendall adores The Fresh Beat Band. Any fans out there? Personally, Marina is my favorite. :)

*My parents offered to watch ALL FIVE KIDS for a night while Chris and I and Susan and Chris get away for the night. Woohoo!

*It's really annoying that Kendall won't wear mittens on our walks. Her hands are like ice when we return. I know I just need to force her to keep doing it. Then maybe she will get used to it and won't cry the whole time.

6 comments:

Ross and Amy Free said...

Amy loves Zumba. I love The Fresh Beat Band. They're fresh.

Anonymous said...

So....are you signing up for a Zumba class or what? I saw that they have a Wii game coming out and I was considering getting it since I've heard such great things too. You'll have to let me know if you go for the real thing. :)

Kelly said...

Oh Ross, since you have the same sense of humor as Chris, I can only assume that you aren't REALLY a fan of Fresh Beat. But trust me...come about a year and a half from now, you will be!
:)

Donna Stark said...

Zumba is all the rage in Waxahachie. My friend go and have a great time! Go, Beaumont!

Charlee said...

We have a Jazzercise class here in the big B with babysitting(great sitters by the way I am one of them!) Come try a free class some time with me they have great deals every month for joining!

Jen said...

KiKi is MY favorite on the Fresh Beat Band! I personally really enjoy the jr. beats as well, especially Shout's jr. beat! Zumba...I haven't heard of it!