Monday, January 31, 2011

today

(I started to go back through this and make everything either past or present tense...but got annoyed doing it...so sorry that it switches back and forth)
*Great morning as both kids slept in. For Kendall, this was 6:00. She was pulling many 5:30 mornings, so this was a nice change. Cam woke at 6:45. This helps the mornings go so much more quickly. Can't play outside because it's very foggy and cold.

*Took Cam to speech class at 9:00. Despite telling me he never wants to go, I know he has a nice time, except when kids cry a lot...like today. That was the first thing he told me about when I picked him up at 10:30.

*Upon return, Cam watched some Tom and Jerry while Kendall napped. We then all ate lunch together--
Kelly: Chicken salad sandwich, vegetables
Chris: BBQ chicken salad
Cam: Chicken salad sandwich (which he protested, but agreed to eat 4 bites), fruit
Kendall: Chicken salad sandwich, fruit (didn't eat one bite of either)

*Played for a while after lunch, then headed to the library. Got several books for Cam and a few magazines for me. Cam loves helping me check out since it's all by computer.

*After library, went to McDonald's. Yucaipa is my favorite because it has a nice small part for Kendall. Was able to observe Cam in an interaction with another boy. Wrote it down in the log I've started. I'm starting to accumulate data of things I'm concerned about so I can make a good case for services I want for next year.

*Done at McDonald's, but realized it was only 2:15. I don't like to head home from our outings this early because it means a long time at home tooting around until dinner. So we stop at a park and kill some time. Kendall has become quite a pro at doing the slides by herself. She's quite proud.

*Arrive home and go on a walk with Chris around the block. Kendall rides in her car we push and Cam rides his Big Wheel. Play a little more outside before heading in.

*Cam does some special room time while Kendall and I play.

*5:30 is Nudy Booty time. This is where I strip down both kids and they play chase. They get quite a kick out of it. After a few minutes of this, it's bathtime. Today Cam has requested a "Cameron bath", meaning Chris gives him a bath in one bathroom while I take Kendall in another. I just want to eat this daughter of mine because she is sooo stinkin cute. I have never heard her talk more than when she is in the bath.

*Dinner follows bath with some Fresh Beat Band for Kendall. She goes down at 6:30.

*Cameron does his United States of America puzzle with Chris and goes down at 7:00.

*Chris and I enjoy a yummy dinner of hamburgers (and on homemade buns I made that he says are about as good as his mom's!!). Ahhh...nice to relax at the end of a day.

No comments: