Wednesday, January 5, 2011

*Today I saw my sister for the first time in about 3 years!!!! Woohoo!!!! They are here from Germany and it was so neat to finally meet her youngest daughter for the first time, as well as see Cameron interact with his cousins. Their last visit was rough as we were in the midst of learning all about our little guy and so he wasn't the happiest when around the family. The highlight of my day was when I told Cam it was time to go and he said, "I don't want to go. I love Savannah and Ashley. I want to see them again." Ahhhh.... Tomorrow we will celebrate a very belated Christmas, so I'm sure I'll have pics to post.

*A few nights ago I made what Chris has deemed, "the best pizza you've ever made". It was just the Pillsbury crust with BBQ sauce, chicken, sauteed onions, real bacon, chicken, potatoes (I had cut a raw one in strips and sauteed them), and cheese. The kickers, we both agreed, were the potatoes and REAL bacon (rather than bits).

*Yes, I'm watching The Bachelor again this season. No, to fangs girl. Yes, to who he gave the first impression rose to...she was my favorite. :)

*We are in need of some changes with Kendall's sleep. 5:30am wake ups and hour naps are NOT OK. I think we need to adjust the bedtime to later.

*Made White Chicken Enchiladas tonight. Chris has been working A LOT and has been sleeping horribly. This is one of his favorite dishes I make, so I figured he needed something to look forward to at the end of the day.

*If I could have someone take one chore off my hands, it would be cleaning our kitchen floors. For some reason I detest doing this.

*I think I found the cure for Kendall's constipation!!!! A doctor friend of ours told us that apple juice is actually bad for it because it has so much sugar. The sugar causes the poop to become more dense (sorry TMI), therefore making it harder for her to poop out. He suggested prune juice. It took a few days, but boy was her diaper fabulous today!!! Not sure if I'm going to put her back on dairy or not. 2 weeks didn't seem to do anything, so I think I might.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

so many things to celebrate in this post! yay for sisters and loving time with cousins and good food and better poops!

Donna Stark said...

Yes, it's been so wonderful all being together! And the cousins are adorable together!

The kitchen floor thing is hereditary...I don't like it...am not good at it...don't do it often enough. Sorry :(

Sooo happy to hear sweet Kendall is not struggling to poop anymore. Go, prune juice.

Jessica said...

-Yay for getting to see your sister! I'm so happy you can spend time together and that the cousins are doing well :)

-The fang girl... that was odd.

-Hope Chris can get some good sleep.

Oh, and your food comments make me laugh. I've realized you are kinda picky! No seafood or fruity desserts... both of those things are wonderful! At least I know what NOT to serve you if you come over for dinner ;)

Oh, and I had peanut butter and chocolate Frugos the other day.... divine.

Jen Epperson said...

I am so glad your sister is here! That is so precious Cam loves his cousins--its so sweet to see those relationships! Enjoy your time with her and her family! :)

Jessy said...

Kelly,
So glad someone else is watching the bachelor this season. It's nice to have SOMEONE to catch up with about it!
Fangs girl, so weird.
It's my theory that production has a few picks the first few weeks, too. They probably say, Brad you get 15 picks, we get the other 5, for ratings.