Friday, January 7, 2011

sisters

So it's been wonderful to have my sister and her family here. While we haven't physically been together for a few years, my inbox each day typically includes an email from her, so we have always stayed connected. Nice to pick up right where we left off...plus a couple extra kids. :) Here are a few pictures so far.

The first day we went to my mom's friend's house to jump on her trampoline.



The second day was our "Christmas" celebration. Unfortunately Susan's middle daughter, Ashley, came down with the stomach flu. Due to Cam heading up north with Chris this weekend (for a funeral), we didn't feel good about exposing him to the virus. So we moved Christmas outside and it worked out great! Little Ashley was a trooper and snuggled up in a sleeping bag on a lawn chair while the rest of us opened presents and had lunch.



I made a trifle for our dessert. I realized that this is one of those desserts that I have zero willpower with. Typically I'm good at limiting myself with desserts, no matter how much they are calling my name. However bringing this home with us yesterday after lunch was a big mistake. Huge. :)


The two oldest cousins holding their brownie pops.


Chris and Cam just left to head up to his parents'. Kendall and I stayed back and are having my family over for dinner tonight. We'll get one more day with them before they head to Orange County for two months.

p.s. Little bit of trivia: Both of our husbands are named Chris. :)

1 comment:

Jessica deBruyn said...

So, so special!! I think in some ways distance can make the bond even stronger as communication is more intentional. I know I've become even closer to my sister since we've been on opposite coasts. Sisters are just amazing, and I'm so glad you're able to spend time with yours!