Wednesday, January 12, 2011

fresh and easy, costco

I have not been THAT impressed with Fresh and Easy. I think their produce is supposed to be reasonable, which I have yet to check out. I have found that since they are a small store, they mainly carry name brand items, which are more expensive than the generic of Staters or Walmart. However, I HAVE found that chicken breasts are the cheapest there...hence our 20 pound chicken bake today. :)



So, rather than load up at Costco today, we just bought:

*Bananas
*Batteries
*Milk

I've started a new addition to our Costco routine each week. After we are done, Chris takes off and the three of us head to the mall next door (we go to the Costco in Moreno Valley...MUCH less busy than San Bernardino). The kids play in the play area, then they get to ride one ride (the coin operated ones). We walk around a bit and head home. It's a nice outing and a good chunk of our day.

4 comments:

Donna Stark said...

20-pound chicken bake (or grill)--you're always my inspiration on that!

Bonnie said...

You look so cute in that hat!

P.S. Does the MV Costco have a indoor or outdoor eating area?

The Allen Family said...

Hey Kelly-this is the former Kelly Stark, right? I wanted to say hey! THis is Erin (Mahoney) from back in the gymnastics with the Butkowski Family days. :) How are you! I am friends with Jess Hekman, and saw you commented on her blog, and just had to say hello! :) Hope you are well! :) You're kids are darling!

Kelly said...

Of course I remember you, Erin! I remember those cool, pastel outfits we wore for our gymnastics show too! I read some of your blog to catch up. Your daughter looks identical to you. So cute!