Saturday, March 19, 2011

liege waffles



This morning I was waiting for Kendall to wake up (Chris and Cam had gone to breakfast) and flipped on a cooking show highlighting Liege Waffles. It brought back memories of a trip I took to Europe right after I graduated from college. A friend, Cheryl, and I spent about 2.5 weeks traveling around. I distinctly remember these waffles in London, which were sold on the street. I cannot begin to describe how absolutely amazing, wonderful, and stupendous they were.

Rather than being light and fluffy, they are dense, almost like a donut. They are good simply by themselves because the dough is very sweet (and they have this crystallized sugar outside). However you can get them with many different toppings, chocolate being our favorite, if I remember correctly. Oh, if I could find these waffles even 50 miles from here...I would drive.

p.s. Don't my men look cute out on the field? Had another great game today. :)

4 comments:

TessBenson said...

Bored, so I looked up places. Looks like there is one in Orange if you wanted to try it next time your over this way. I never had, these waffles sound DELISH though!
http://www.menuclub.com/californiarestaurantguide/orangerestaurants/eurostationcrepeswaffles-18465.php

Anonymous said...

Yes, they do look cute...getting all positioned for a big hit!
--Mom

Kelly said...

Thanks, Tess! I just might have to drive out there sometime. :)

cheryl said...

oh those waffles....I would drive a LOT farther than 50 miles for them!

um, so i just saw someone posted a place that might have them... kelly, i don't know when, but we MUST go there someday.