Thursday, March 31, 2011

swimming


I'm loving this weather. I had such a fun morning with my kids...one of those mornings that you just think, "THIS is why I'm a mom." You know what I'm talking about? We walked up to a sports park and played for a while, then walked home. Nothing big. But both kids were great, happy, and the weather just added to our good moods. :)

Anyway, I know I'm late to the game on this, but Cam does not know how to swim and I need to do something about it this summer. Any advice? I have horrible memories of my swim lessons (my poor mom probably does too), consisting of me repeatedly getting out of the pool and running while crying to my mom. I'm 50/50 on how Cam will do. But I would love some advice from anyone in my area who has successfully tackled this with their kids. :)

2 comments:

Charlee said...

If you go local here in the area I know most of the lifegaurds at the pool and they are super patient(if its the same girls) Just re- assure him he is ok and put him right back in the water. Never had the issue with Breven but the other moms that babied the kids and let them out of class or trying something had non-swimmers at the end of the summer and the moms who stayed strong had kids who could swim.

Un fortunatly they stopped lessons for 3yr olds so Aubree is going to Yucipa this summer.

Breven is done with lessons he is on the swim team and can freestyle and back stroke with the best of them and is learning breaststroke.

Jannae said...

There are some local "mommy & me" classes in Banning. I have heard very good things about them.